Josef, Avi, and I are refinishing our livingroom. We have been doing it little by little for a week. This weekend we bought this super hot "blowdryer" for stripping paint off of wood. It heats up to 1000 degrees, so it is wise not to use this to dry your hair. Have you ever heard of spontaneous combustion?...yeah, that'd be your head! But the wood looks great under the millions of layers of paint. We also sprayed some insulator around the front door and windows to hopefully keep out the weather. Next weekend, after Avi's b-day party, we are going to start the ducting for our central heat/AC!!!! Yay for us.
We are having a ton of fun with these projects. We also painted one wall, last night to see how it's going to look and WOW!!! Awesome.
I love you and talk to you soon. -Molly
I love the color. It is so rich and warm. I can't wait til it is finished to see what it looks like with your curtains, furniture, and pictures hung. Nice!!
ReplyDeleteNeat tool too for taking all the layers of paint off. I didnt know there was such a thing. Does it really help? You inspire me! With this old house maybe I should try something like that. That was a wonderful idea. Your exposed wood will look great with your new paint. Wonderfully creative ideas!
I love you!!
The method we used to remove the paint was too easy. I definitely recommend it!!! You would have fun doing it, too. I'll post more pics of the livingroom soon. lyb
ReplyDeletewoo hoo! When will Molly fly out here and paint my walls??!?!?
ReplyDelete