Friday, July 13, 2007

My Secret Garden
















Here are some pictures of my backyard garden. I ordered flowers, plants and bushes from Springfield Nurseries in March. They came in a partial box. Linda, my next door neighbor, helped me lay them out onto newspapers to keep them moist in the basement. As we were waiting for the correct boxes to arrive. After I designed the gardens, Matt, Linda's husband, built them with landscape timbers. I put topsoil and laid garden fabric on top with mulch on top of that. Daisy helped me plant the partial shipment. When the final two boxes arrived. Linda and I planted those two boxes. Like Marlo Thomas said in "Free to Be You and Me", "It is more fun to do housework together." Well, garden work here. But anywork applies. We had a blast doing this project and the garden continues to be a topic of discussion on Market Street. All the neighbors have stopped by to enjoy! Stop by when you are in town and take a gander. Take time and watch a garden grow. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Looks BEAUTIFUL, Momma! Cna't believe how much everything has come up this year! You must be very happy with that. Just to think...when I helped you plant the patrial shipment, it was just seedlings! WOW! Between the garden and the fence your back yard looks VERY NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy, I can't believe that we planted a PARTIAL shipment!!! I was amazed how much was in that box. Thanks, your help really made a difference in getting this garden off to the best start it could. It was particularly nice gardening with you as it reminded me of our gardening in earlier years. Good memories. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete