Saturday, October 13, 2007

Salem Enjoys a Good Bath



In this region we have lots and lots of fleas...and huge fleas at that. (Mom can testify to that statement) I've been researching and come to find that Advantage Flea Guard needs to be applied once a month from the start of the warm season and til it becomes freezing. Oy vey. So, we are following this regimen but getting rid of this first round of fleas is turning out to be quite the feat. In the end, the Advantage regimen is working, but it'll take time. We are also spraying Raid everywhere because the fleas are hiding throughout our house. But we know for the next warm season to start this regimen as soon as it gets warm. I just feel badly for the the kitties because they are itchy. I pull off fleas everyday from them but it seems like for every flea I pull off, two more eggs hatch. I am frustrated and feel badly but I am doing my best and the fleas will die soon with the cold weather. These pictures are from a while ago when I gave Salem a bath. He was very good for it. In fact, after some time, I didn't have to hold him in the sink, he sat nicely on his own. What a good boy. Take care, lyb

3 comments:

  1. The regiment sounds like a good one. When the cold season hits you might want to "bomb" the house once while everyone is at work and the cats can be out. That should get rid of the inside fleas. I can't remember seeing Salem look so small. He looks like a kitten in the pictures. What a good boy. The bath must have felt good to him. You are a good pet owner.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Doll! Salem is such a good boy! Fleas are the WORST pest to get rid of! I agree with mom that you may want to bomb the house at some point to get rid of what might have taken up residence for the winter! Did you bathe Monsoon too? Was he as good as Salem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm most likely going to bomb the house for fleas but I don't know when. I gave Monsoon a bath, too, but he wasn't good for it. I have to hold him the entire time. He didn't fight me too much, though. lyb

    ReplyDelete