Thursday, August 2, 2007

McNabb is Good to Go!

August 1, 2007 10:20 AM ET
Eagles: McNabb ready to roll

The News
Eagles head coach Andy Reid will let quarterback Donovan McNabb do as much as possible when the team puts on the pads on Wednesday. "For the most part, he'll do everything," Reid tells the Philadelphia Inquirer. "He did everything (on Tuesday) afternoon, and he's getting stronger every day. If I see something in there I don't like, I won't hesitate to pull him out. If I think his leg is getting tired, or whatever it is, I'll pull him out. Right now, he feels good about doing everything. Nobody is going to touch the quarterback, so he'll be all right." McNabb tore the ACL in his right knee on November 19.

Our View
McNabb remains less than 100 percent, but he is cutting and making all the throws, which is a good sign. He still has over a month to get into shape and test his knee, and we have no reason to believe he won't be ready for the season opener.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a story about him on Sports Center and it looks like we'll have a great season. Hopefully, we'll have a Superbowl-kind-of-season!!!! Thanks for the update, Rossi. lyb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey McNabb has even taken the brace off some during training camp. Looking good is right! What do you think by season end 11-5 record? I also see we have this new guy Curtis from the Rams who looks pretty good. And two new players, one from Hawaii and one from the Outback. I hope Dawkins tendon heals soon so he can get back into training. He missed pretraining with the premature birth of his twin girls sow we need to get him back onto the field practicing. GO EAGLES!!!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete